- 12 green mussels on half shells frozen
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Clean and rinse the mussels, pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, lime juice and sriracha, and sugar then blend well.
- Lay the mussels on a tray lined with baking sheet or aluminium foil, top each mussel with about half tablespoon of the mixture.
- Bake the mussels for 20 or so minutes or until the surface become golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.
Peppered Pork Steak
Easy pork recipe
- 4 pieces pork loin chops
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tbsp coarsely ground black pepper divided, or to taste
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup broth any but pork is preferred
- Season pork steaks with salt then season generously with ground black pepper on both sides. Set aside
- Heat a cast iron pan with enough oil for pan frying over medium heat. Add pork steaks one at a time and cook until cooked through on both sides. Cut into 1″ bite size and set aside.
- Remove excess oil from the pan, leaving only about 1 1/2 tablespoons left in the pan. Add about 1 teaspoon black pepper to the pan. Cook, stirring, until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Sprinkle in flour and stir to mix with the oil. Pour in the broth while stirring to mix the flour and dislodge the fond on the bottom of the pan to mix into the sauce.
- Cook until sauce has thickened. Place fried pork steaks into the gravy and simmer until just heated through. Remove from the pan and served immediately while hot with steamed rice and more gravy on the side.
All time favorite
- 2 lbs chicken cut into serving pieces
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt optional
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- Combine chicken, soy sauce, and garlic in a large bowl. Mix well. Marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour. Note: the longer the time, the better
- Heat a cooking pot. Pour cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, pan-fry the marinated chicken for 2 minutes per side.
- Pour-in the remaining marinade, including garlic. Add water. Bring to a boil
- Add dried bay leaves and whole peppercorn. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken gets tender
- Add vinegar. Stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Put-in the sugar, and salt. Stir and turn the heat off.Serve hot.
- Share and Enjoy!