- 2 lb medium size squid cleaned
- Lemon quartered
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Mix flour, egg, milk, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine ingredients.
- Add squid and mix with the batter until fully coated.
- Pre heat cooking oil in a pan.
- Slowly place the calamari in a pan.
- Make it in batches so it will not clump together.
- Fry until golden brown about 3-4 minutes.
- Drain it in a paper towel.
- Place it in a serving bowl.
- Squeeze it with a lemon.
- Serve it with your choice of dipping sauce and enjoy.